The Goldsboro-Wayne Transportation Authority (GWTA) has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. GWTA has received Federal financial assistance from the DOT, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, GWTA has signed an assurance bill that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of the GWTA to ensure DBEs as defined in part 26 have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts. It is our policy:
- To ensure non-discrimination in the award and administration of DOT-assisted contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT-assisted contracts;
- To ensure the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT-assisted contracts; and
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.
The Executive Director has been delegated as the DBE Liaison Officer. In that capacity the Executive Director is responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program: Fred Fontana, Executive Director, P.O. Box 227, Goldsboro, NC, 27533, (919) 736-1374, ext. 208.
Implementation of the DBE program is afforded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by GWTA in its financial assistance agreements with the DOT. GWTA has disseminated this policy statement to the Governing Board of the GWTA and all of the components of the organization. We have distributed this statement to DBE and non-DBE business communities that perform work for us on DOT-assisted contracts. A copy of this program can be reviewed at City Hall, the County Courthouse, the local public library and the Community Affairs Office.
Click here for details about the North Carolina Department of Transportation Bidding and Award Process.