GWTA vans travel throughout the Goldsboro and Wayne County areas daily. In addition to Wayne County, GWTA provides out of county medical trips to:
UNC Hospital – Chapel Hill
Duke Hospital – Durham
Wake Medical Center – Raleigh
Vident (formerly Pitt Memorial) Hospital – Greenville
as well as other locations in central and eastern North Carolina. Call 919-736-1374 for a complete schedule and pick up times.
To Schedule A Ride
Call GWTA at (919) 736-1374 Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please make a reservation at least two business days in advance. ADA riders may call one day in advance.
Rural General Public Transportation (RGP) clients will need to call back the business day prior to their trip before 2 p.m. to verify the trip was approved.
If you use TDD, call (800) 735-2962 and ask to be connected to (919) 736-1374. For a translator, call (800) 821-3420 and enter code 230309.
General Guidelines for Riding
- If passengers forget to cancel trips, they will be charged a NO SHOW fee. Passengers will not be allowed to make a new reservation until the NO SHOW fee has been paid.
- Cancellations must be called in two hours prior to pick-up time, unless the pick-up time is before 7 a.m. For pick-up times before 7 a.m. you must call no later than 5 p.m. the day before.
- Passengers living within the city limits of Goldsboro must be ready one hour before the scheduled drop-off time. Passengers living in Wayne County (non-city limits of Goldsboro) must be ready two hours before the drop-off time. The operator can arrive any time within this window to pick passengers up.
- When the van arrives, passengers have three to five minutes to board.
- When making reservations, please inform the reservationist if you need a lift equipped vehicle and if you will be accompanied by an escort.
We promise our vans will be clean and comfortable, and our operators will be helpful and courteous at all times.